Note: This is applicable to the Ultimaker 2+, Ultimaker 2 Extended+, Ultimaker 3, and Ultimaker 3 Extended feeder. The Ultimaker 3 series printers have 2 feeders, which are mirror images of one another. Pictured below is Feeder 1.
- 2mm allen key or 2mm hex head screwdriver
Removing the Feeder from the Back Panel
1. First, you'll want to unseat the bowden tube from the feeder. It's held in place by a white horseshoe shaped clip, and a white collet. Slide the horseshoe shaped clip out sideways. Then, push down on the white collet while pulling up on the bowden tube.
2. The Ultimaker 2+ and Ultimaker 3 feeders are held in place by 1 screw at the top of the white feeder housing, and 1 at the bottom. These screws screw into a threaded nut embedded in the back panel. Use your 2mm hex head screwdriver or allen key to unscrew these 2 screws, and lift the feeder away. Set these 2 screws aside.
Installing Your New Feeder
1. Screw the screws back into position at the top and bottom of the feeder. Make sure the feeder is flush with the back panel.
2. Push the bowden tube back into the collet at the top of the feeder, then slide the white horseshoe shaped clip into position underneath the collet. This will lock the bowden tube in place.